The industry has been asking for a more powerful and more durable power box rake / soil processor for skid steers and compact track loaders that is available in wider sizes. This project has been in the works for a number of years and is being released to the market on June 1, 2017. We have put this attachment through some very tough stuff in development.
VISIT THE POWER RAKE PRODUCT PAGE >
- To increase torque, we have used a 6000 series motor that produces about 40% more torque than what is commonly found on the market.
Why not direct drive?
- Direct drive has its applications, but this is not one of them, as we realized, for the following reasons.
- Direct drive requires the use of a bigger drum, which actually reduces torque at the tip of the teeth.
- Putting the motor at ground level increases the machine width and leaves the motor and hoses in a vulnerable area, increasing damage potential.
- If you have ever used a unit and had a flat tire, you will understand the importance of this. There’s no need to risk the inconvenience of a flat tire.
Why the replaceable tooth option?
- Not everyone has a welder around for when a tooth wears down or when a tip pops off. Having a few spare teeth along can keep it running at optimum performance with only a wrench required.
Other areas we focused on include:
- Heavier tubing in main frame: 4” x 4”
- Heavier spindles and axles
- Unit can be angled manually or hydraulically